Get creative with this art quilting project.
As part of a local Art Quilting group, we were given the challenge to create a 12 inch quilt using the apple shape as a theme. I chose to dive into my collection of yummy velvets, corduroys and silks to create nine different types of apples.
See the gallery pictures below for the various apples and textures I was able to create. To create further texture, the colourful apples are fused onto the background and satin stitched down.
Making this small quilt is a lot of fun, you can complete in a day, and hang on your kitchen wall. It is always a conversation piece in my house…
Skill Level: all, rotary cutting, basic sewing skills
Special Requirements: fusible web, pressing cloth
Finished Quilt Size: 12½ inch square
- Pieces of feature fabrics, velvets, silks, cottons
- Nine—4 inch (10cm) blocks of different grey cottons
- Three inches (8cm) of dark grey border and sashing
- 5 inches (13cm) binding fabric
- 14 inch (35cm) square piece of backing fabric
- 12 inches (30cm) of brown yarn for stems
- 12 inch square (30cm) of fusible web
- Batting, 14 inch (35cm) square
This design is provided free for visitors and available for immediate download.
Please consider signing up for my newsletter so you may keep us with my artistic journey.