The challenges of using large print fabrics in your quilts!
December was the month to complete my new bed sized quilt pattern using Stephanie Brandenburg’s DayDreams III Flower Bomb fabric. This fabric is a riot of colour and a lot of fun to work into a quilt design.
I found the main challenge was to get enough floor space to layout and road test the various fabrics.
What do you think of the result?
The body of the quilt is worked in 4 quadrants. Each is centred around one of the flower panels. Borders are then added to the sides, top and bottom. If you wanted a smaller quilt, you could make just one quadrant and add a border!
I then set about making an alternate colour way. I picked another large scale floral which I had on hand. I think this quilt has a very “retro” feel about it. It takes me back to the 1960’s. I had huge fluorescent flower stickers all over my violin case….
I really enjoyed working with these large prints. I hope you also like the results and may wish to try your own version.
For more information on Flower Power follow this link:: Flower Power quilt pattern
Until next time,