In the borders surrounding the dogs, I created shapes showing those things dogs like best: bones, tennis balls, food bowls and cats.
This pattern uses fusible web to attach the shapes I used raw edge appliqué to hold them down. If you prefer, you can use buttonhole stitch or satin stitch.
Both quilts in this design are in strong colours to bring fun and energy to a playroom or nursery.
Skill Level: New to Intermediate, rotary cutting, basic sewing skills, fusible web appliqué
Finished Size: 36 x 43 inches
Materials (provided by you):
- 1 yd (1m) feature fabric
- 1 yd (1m) border fabric
- Small pieces of coordinating fabric to use for border decoration. (Use up that stash!)
- ½ yd ( 50cm ) binding fabric
- 1 ½ yds (1.5m) backing fabric
- 42 x 49 inch piece of batting
- ¾ yd ( 75cm ) fusible web
All patterns have been test quilted to ensure accuracy.