This design combines the use of feature prints with a complimentary traditional block. I love the way these birds fly across the fabric. I created a top and bottom border of flying geese to fly across with the birds.
This is a very simple quilt for any little girl in your life.
Any bird fabric will suit. See the alternate quilt pictures with an entirely different colour scheme. This demonstrates the versatility of the design and the way vibrant colours selected for the feature fabric can embellish the overall effect.
Skill Level: New to Intermediate, rotary cutting, basic sewing skills
Finished Size: 48½ x 40½ inches
Materials (provided by you):
- ½ yd. (50cm) feature fabric (birds)
- ½ yd. (50cm) grey polka dots
- ½ yd. (50cm) green highlight and inner border
- ¼ yd. (25cm) white for flying geese
- ¼ yd. (25cm) of assorted pink fabrics for the flying geese
- ½ yd. (50cm) outer border fabric
- 2 yds. (2m) backing fabric
- ½ yd. (50cm) binding
- 54 x 46 inch batting
All patterns have been tested to ensure accuracy.