To make the best use of my owls, I wanted a design that not only featured owls but showed them off. I used solid colours and incorporated stars and an indigo night sky into the design. This combination makes the brightly coloured owls glow.
This design would be appropriate for any directional print whether it be dogs, cats, birds. I asked my test quilter to use an alternative colorway using birds and a white on white background. Be creative with your colour choices!
The quilt appears to have lots of triangles. This is deceptive as no triangles were cut in the making of this quilt!
Skill Level: New to Intermediate, rotary cutting, basic sewing skills
Finished Size: 39 x 32 inches
Materials (provided by you):
- ¾ yd (75cm) feature fabric
- ¼ yd or fat quarter (25cm) large star points
- ¼ yd or fat quarter (25cm) small star points
- ¼ yd or fat quarter (25cm) square in square points
- ¼ yd (25cm) inside border
- 1 yd (1m) background fabric
- ⅓ yd (35cm) binding fabric
- 1 ½ yds (1.5m) backing fabric
- 44 x 36 inches batting
All patterns have been test quilted to ensure accuracy.