The small quilt size can be made using fat quarters. The large quilt size can be made using fat quarters or half yards. The solid fabric (or a fabric that reads as solid) will be the unifying factor.
The smaller quilt I made used large scraps of Marimekko linen. The solid white sashing gives it a fresh, summery look.
The large quilt used all Art Gallery prints though they were not all from the same range. The emerald green sashing makes this version a much richer adaptation of the pattern.
This design could easily be made using stash. Every rectangle could be made different! The pieces in this pattern can be arranged several different ways within the block. Have a play with it and give it your own personality!
Skill Level: new, rotary cutting and basic sewing skills
Finished Size: Small (lap) —53 inch sq, Large – 70 inch sq
Materials (provided by you):
Small (lap) Quilt Size:
- 9 different pieces of Fat quarters
- Sashing fabric:- 1 yard (1m) solid white fabric
- Binding fabric:- ½ yard (50cm)
- Backing fabric:- 3 yards (3m)
- Batting (inches):- 59 inches sq
Large Quilt Size:
- 16 different pieces of Fat quarters or 8 different half yards
- Sashing fabric:- 2 yards (2m) solid (or reads as solid) fabric
- Binding fabric:- ¾ yard (75cm)
- Backing fabric:- 4 yards (4m)
- Batting (inches):- 76 inches sq
All quilt patterns have been test quilted to ensure accuracy.