As this is a simple design, I also chose to include texture in the cream fabric to lend more visual interest to the quilt.
This quilt can be made with any combination of fabrics. In the alternate color way, I’ve used a black on black background fabric for a more dramatic effect. You could also use a floral or large print for the background to get a busier look.
This is a quick and easy quilt that can be done in a day!
Skill Level: New, rotary cutting, basic sewing skills
Finished Size: 50 inch square
Materials (provided by you):
- ¼ yd. (25cm) or 1 fat quarter for one center block (blue owls)
- ½ yd. (50cm) for alternate center block (burgundy owls)
- ½ yd. (50cm) border (navy)
- ½ yd. (50cm) border (burgundy)
- 1½ yd. (1.5m) background fabric (cream)
- 2¾ yds. (3m) wide back fabric for backing
- 3 yds. (3m) backing fabric
- ½ yd. (50cm) binding fabric
- Batting: 56 x 56 inches
All patterns have been test quilted to ensure accuracy.