The fabrics contain bold lines and strong colours. I chose five feature fabrics from the collection then filled out the quilt from my stash. It is a fairly straight forward quilt made with squares and rectangles. Perfect for either a beginner or a more advanced quilter who would like a quick project for the man of the house.
Skill Level: New, rotary cutting and basic sewing skills
Finished Size: 72 x 56 inches
Materials (provided by you):
- ½ yd. (50 cm) each of five or more feature fabrics
- 2 yds. (2m) of assorted darks – full fabric lengths are easier to use than fat quarters. You should have at least one long quarter of each different fabric. I used 7 different darks in my example. If your feature fabrics are not bright, you may want to change the ratio of darks and brights.
- 1 yd. (1m) of assorted bright fabrics – full fabric lengths are easier to use than fat quarters. At least two different brights would be recommended.
- ¾ yd. (75cm) binding fabric
- 4 yds. (4m) backing fabric
- Batting: 78 x 62 inches
All quilt patterns have been test quilted to ensure accuracy.