This pattern can be used with any collection of prints or you can pull from your stash. For my quilts, I used a selection of Kaffe Fassett and Phillip Jacobs prints. The turquoise “ladders” bring the colour out from the prints and unify the overall design.
This pattern is available in two sizes — Lap quilt or Twin bed size. Additional blocks can easily be added to make a queen size bed quilt.
Skill Level: New to Intermediate, rotary cutting, basic sewing skills
Finished Size: Lap Quilt 47 x 56 inches and Twin Bed Quilt 63 ½ x 69 ½ inches
Materials (provided by you):
Lap Top Quilt
- ½ yd. (50cm) of 4 different red feature fabrics
- ¼ yd. (25cm)of 3 different blue feature fabrics
- ½ yd. (50cm) background fabric (gold)
- ⅔ yd. (70cm) sashing fabric (blue)
- ½ yd. (50cm) border fabric
- 2½ yds. (2.5m) backing fabric
- 51 x 62 inch batting
- ½ yd (50cm) binding fabric
Twin Bed Quilt
- ¾ yd. (75cm) of 4 different red feature fabrics
- ¼ yd. (25cm)of 3 different yellow feature fabrics
- 1½ yds. (1.5m) background fabric (white)
- 1 yd. (1m) sashing fabric (blue)
- 1 yd. (1m) border fabric
- 3½ yds. (3.5m) backing fabric
- 70 x 77 inch batting
- ¾ yd. (75cm) binding fabric
All patterns have been test quilted to ensure accuracy.