You can use similar fabrics in all blocks or use different fabrics in all blocks. The strips are the same fabrics in all blocks and can be a unifying colour, stripe, dot or something I haven’t thought of yet!
The cutting instructions are for a sample quilt size with two distinctive blocks, identified as Block 1 and Block 2 in this pattern.
The alternate quilt shows an plain colour choice using a stripe fabric as the unifying element. In this option different colours are used throughout the quilt.
Try it out with your colour choices—maybe even use the stash!
Have fun with it!
Skill Level: New to Intermediate, rotary cutting, basic sewing skills
Finished Size: 48 inch (120cm) square
Materials (provided by you):
- ½ yard (50cm) unifying fabric used in Block 1 and Block 2
- 2 fat eights of contrasting colours for Block 1 (B1 & B2)
- 2 fat quarters of contrasting colours for Block 2 (C1 & C2)
- ½ yard (50cm) for inner border Block 1
- 1 yard (1m) for outer border Block 1
- 1 yard (1m) for outer border Block 2
- ½ yard (50cm) binding
- 3 yards (3m) backing
- 54 inch square batting
All patterns have been test quilted to ensure accuracy.